Places timeanddate.com has been featured
timeanddate.com has received various accolades from the media (print, television, radio and online). Listed below are some media that have mentioned timeanddate.com in the recent past:
- Los Angeles Daily News, March 7, 2008 – positive review, stating “Steffen Thorsen, who runs www.timeanddate.com, said his site receives 50 percent more traffic during daylight saving time – and twice as many e-mails”.
- Houston Chronicle, March 6, 2008 – positive review, stating “TimeAndDate has more features. It has calendars, but even better, it has the time all over the world. This can help you calculate the best times to make a phone call so you won't wake someone out of a sound sleep”.
- Los Angeles Times, December 27, 2007 – positive review, stating “TimeAndDate has more: calendars, yes, but even better, it has the time all over the world, and it can help you calculate the best times to call so you won't wake someone out of a sound sleep”.
- BBC News, April 28, 2006 – positive review, stating that timeanddate.com was one of the best sites on the World Wide Web and that “timeanddate.com is a brilliant resource, especially if you travel a lot”.
- On April 23, 2005, timeanddate.com was named one of the “50 Best Travel Websites To Browse” by The Independent's Travel Editor Simon Calder, who was also a BBC TV Holiday presenter at the time.
- BBC News, November 12, 2004 – mentioned in the article “Search wars - which is the best?”.
- BBC’s Click program, May 2005 – positive review.
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, December 24, 2004 – positive review, stating that timeanddate.com was a “Web site (that) offers countdown clocks”.
- New York Times, December 16, 2004 – positive review, stating “Steffen Thorsen has taken it upon himself to help the world calculate such figures by creating www.timeanddate.com.”
- Chicago Sun-Times, August 5, 2004 – positive review, stating “timeanddate.com can help you find a convenient time for everyone so no one need be up in the middle of the night. Or at least you can try. This site lets you to set up a "world clock" with cities important to you. It also helps with calendar questions, such as what the date will be in 500 days.”
- The Independent's, April 17, 2004 – positive review, stating “And if after all that, you still feel like phoning home to tell the folks all about your latest exotic exploits, there's no reason to call accidentally in the middle of the night. You can check comparative times at www.timeanddate.com/worldclock”.
- New York Times, July 29, 2003 – positive review, stating “Bookmark http://www.timeanddate.com/, which delivers the time and date for anywhere in the world, including places that insist on setting local time in increments a half-hour or 15 minutes different from everyone else.”
- Sensors Magazine, December 1, 2002, and August 1, 2002 – positive reviews, stating remarks such as “Help is at hand at www.timeanddate.com”.
- Seven Wonders (23 Jan 2001) “TimeAndDate.com has just about any calculation you might want to make between times and dates. Kinda cool.”
- USA TODAY Hot Site (8 Dec 1999)
“Speaking of the millennium, find out who gets to there first with
this handy online counter. Just one of the many chronometric
resources at timeanddate.com. http://www.timeanddate.com/ ”
- www.timeanddate.com was Customer Site Of The Week at Pair Networks, the webhosting company serving this site (30 Oct 1999)
There is another list of awards for The World Clock
If you know of any other awards or recent positive reviews for the site, please send us and email at: email@example.com.